What is X-Ray?
X-ray or Radiography allows a doctor to take pictures of the inside of your body.
One of the oldest forms of medical imaging, x-ray is an extremely, simple, painless and relatively quick medical test that can help your doctor provide you with appropriate treatment. It’s a fast, easy and safe way for your doctor to view and assess conditions ranging from broken bones to pneumonia to cancer. Many different types of x-rays, such as bone or chest x-rays, exist. The type your doctor uses depends on what part of your body needs examining and for what purpose.
X-Ray Frequently Asked Questions
- Determine whether a bone is chipped, dislocated or broken (fractured)
- Ensure that a fracture has been properly aligned and stabilized for healing following a treatment
- Locate foreign objects
- Determine whether there is a build up of fluid in the joint or around the bone.
- Evaluate joint injuries and bone infections
- Diagnose and monitor the progression of degenerative conditions, such as arthritis and the bone-thinning disease osteoporosis
- Diagnose the cause of persistent coughing or chest pain
- Check for broken ribs or a punctured lung
- Determine whether you have injured a bone or disk in your spine
- Detect scoliosis, an abnormal curvature of the spine, and other spinal defects
Request an Appointment Today
Elite Radiology of Georgia can consistently provide patients and doctors with the highest level of professional services, using the most advanced state-of-the-art equipment available. Visit our conveniently located Atlanta center Monday through Friday. Please call 404-419-2058 to request your appointment. We look forward to serving you.